Prof. Jonathon E. Beves “Visible-light-responsive supramolecular assemblies”
May 9 @ 11:15 am
Prof. Jonathon E. Beves
UNSW Sydney, Sydney, Australia
E-mail: email@example.com | Twitter: @jonbeves
“Visible-light-responsive supramolecular assemblies”
Keywords: Self-assembly, photoswitch
Some of our recent work developing visible-light-responsive molecules and assemblies will be presented.
Using photoswitchable ligands and palladium(II) ions we self-assembled structures that can be manipulated using visible light to control their composition and recognition properties.[1,2]
We have also developed merocyanine photoswitches to generate the largest reversible bulk pH changes, including from basic to acid conditions, and used these to control self-assembly of DNA structures.
- A. D. W. Kennedy, R. G. DiNardi, L. L. Fillbrook, W. A. Donald, J. E. Beves,
Chem. Eur. J.2022, 28, e202104461.
- R. G. DiNardi, A. O. Douglas, R. Tian, J. R. Price, M. Tajik, W. A. Donald and J. E. Beves,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.,2022, 61, e202205701.
- L. Wimberger, S. K. K. Prasad, M. D. Peeks, J. Andréasson, T. W. Schmidt, J. E. Beves,
J. Am. Chem. Soc.2021, 143, 20758–20768.
- L. Wimberger, J. Andréasson, J. E. Beves
Chem. Commun.2022, 58, 5610-5613.
- L. Wimberger, F. Rizzuto, J. E. Beves,
J. Am. Chem. Soc.2023, 145, 2088–2092.