- This event has passed.
Dominique Massiot “Order and disorder at the nanoscale geometry, chemistry, topology”
September 18, 2017 @ 4:30 pm
CEMHTI, UPR3079 Orléans
Controlling the chemistry and the structure of materials is a key to understanding, tuning, and enhancing their properties. However, detailed structural and chemical characterization of materials in three dimensions, whether homogeneous or heterogeneous, remains challenging at the atomic and nanometer length scales. We have developed a panel of methods and approaches that combine new experimental solid-state NMR methods and DFT-based in silico modelling, which jointly enable characterization of chemical and geometrical order, as well as topology, in systems exhibiting either global order or disorder. We will illustrate those concepts with studies of both ordered and disordered materials, including homogeneous and heterogeneous materials as well as composite systems exhibiting nanoscale structures in the bulk or at their surfaces and interfaces.
1. Sohei Sukenaga, Pierre Florian, Koji Kanehashi, Hiroyuki Shibata, Noritaka Saito, Kunihiko Nakashima, Dominique Massiot, Oxygen Speciation in Multicomponent Silicate Glasses Using Through Bond Double Resonance NMR Spectroscopy, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 8 2274–2279 (2017)
2. K. Al Saghir, S.Chenu, E.Veron, F.Fayon, M.Suchomel, C.Genevois, F.Porcher, G.Matzen, D.Massiot, M.Allix, “Transparency through Structural Disorder: A New Concept for Innovative Transparent Ceramics” Chemistry of Materials 27 508-514 2015
3. S. Cadars, M.Allix, D.H.Brouwer, R.Shayib, M.Suchomel, A.W.Burton, M.N.Garaga, A.Rakhmatullin, S.I.Zones, D.Massiot, B.F.Chmelka, “Long- and Short-Range Constraints for the Structure Determination of Layered Silicates with Stacking Disorder” Chemistry of Materials 26 6994-7008 2014
4. C. Le Losq, D.R.Neuville, P.Florian, G.S.Henderson, D.Massiot, “The role of Al3+ on rheology and structural changes in sodium silicate and aluminosilicate glasses and melts.” Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 126 495–517 2014
5. D. Massiot, R.J. Messinger, S. Cadars, M. Deschamps, V. Montouillout, N. Pellerin, E. Veron, M. Allix, P. Florian, F. Fayon, “Topological, Geometric, and Chemical Order in Materials: Insights from Solid-State NMR” Accounts Chem. Res. 46 1975–1984 2013
6. S. Chenu, E.Véron, C.Genevois, G.Matzen, T.Cardinal, A.Etienne, D.Massiot, M.Allix “Tuneable Nanostructuring of Highly Transparent Zinc Gallogermanate Glasses and Glass-Ceramics” Advanced Optical Materials 2 364 2014
7. R. Wischert, P.Florian, C.Coperet, D.Massiot, P.Sautet “On the Visibility of Al Surface Sites of γ Combined Computational and Experimental Point of View” J. Phys. Chem. C 118 15292-15299 2014
8. F. Fayon, C. Duée, T. Bioactive Glasses as Revealed by Solid-State 31P NMR” J. Phys. Chem. 117 2283-2288 2013
9. M. Deschamps, E. Gilbert, P. Azais, E. Raymundo electrolyte organization in supercapacitor electrodes with solid-state NMR” Nature Mater. 12 351–358 2013 – Alumina: A Poumeyrol, M. Allix, D. Massiot, “Evidence of Nanometric – Sized Phosphate Clusters in – Pinero, M.R. Ammar, P.Simon, D. Massiot, F. Béguin “Exploring electrolyte organization in supercapacitor electrodes with solid-state NMR” Nature Mater. 12 351–358 2013